Thursday, July 12, 2012

SE-just GO already-VIA!

It will be no surprise to those of you who know me in real life to hear that I can be kind of stubborn. OK, really stubborn. And I don't like doing the same things that everyone else is doing. But then, 2-3 years after the craze is over, I get curious about what all the fuss was about, finally do/watch/read/experience the thing, and get left saying things like "Guys, wow, The Office really is hilarious; I just watched all of the episodes in one weekend and couldn't stop laughing...guys? Hello?"

...So anyway, that's what happened here. Everyone's been telling me for years that I need to go to Segovia, that the Roman aqueduct is breathtaking and that the old town is very cute, and that there's a neat castle.  But far be it from me to do what other people tell me to do, no way! It's my life and I'll do what I want/ It's my mind and I'll think what I want... (thanks for the life philosophy, The Animals)

But of course, I eventually caved and now I have to admit that everyone was right; Segovia is actually pretty awesome. 


There's a Roman aqueduct, like everyone said, and it is cool to think that it's still here after several thousand years. 


Also, said aqueduct is HUGE and that makes it even more awe-inspiring. Those Romans, they sure were something, huh?


And like everyone said, the old town is super cute, with buildings that look like the one above. This building actually made me feel like I was back in another highly-recommended Spanish city, Salamanca. 


And here's me, hanging out in front of a weird fish fountain. I'd have rather gotten a photo of the pretty castle, but my camera is an official Battery Monster and decided to die just before we got to see it. So it exists now only in my memory...and, you know, in real life.

Moral of the story? I could probably change my life philosophy of never listening to anything that anyone tells me until years later, and I might get to enjoy cool things sooner. But then I'd also have to listen to people telling me "I told you so!" and I don't think I could handle that. Besides, if my way works, why change it?

So now I get to tell you that you should go to Segovia if you ever get the chance (but I won't fault you for not listening to me for a few years)!

No comments:

Post a Comment